Grandma loves to cook and especially bake. She doesn't get to do alot, not because she can't but because I just usually do all the cooking. She wanted to make an "ole fashion fruit cake" as she does every Christmas. Kristi and I went to the store and invested in all the ingredients for this cake. She asked Kristi to help her make it and boy did they have fun! So Kristi got her and Bubba, (her walker),and they went to town. Callie and Kadee spent the night and they got to help Grandma decorate the top with cherries and nuts. Kadee loved the candied cherries. Kristi's a great cook, but she doesn't like fruitcake and now that she's made one, she really don't like it!! It is turned out very good and looked pretty too. I also make millionaires and chocolate covered peanuts and pecans for Grandma. She and Popie always kept candy in their freezer to have all year long. I usually don't make that much candy, but it made Grandma happy!
Santa Land
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment