Outside at night
My favorite, the entryway
Kristi's village
More of Kristi's village, Isn't it fun!!
Vikki's special tree in her room.
Our big 10 ft. tree in LR.
Grandma's tree in the Den
If any of you have been to our house at Christmas, you know we love to decorate. I take care of the inside and Cecil and usually some elves named Kourtney, Macy, and Brian help decorate the outside. He changed the outside this year by using our "North Pole" decoration theme. One Fall about 10 years ago we made a whole set of painted North Pole themes. We hadn't used them in about 4 years, so it's nice for a change. Thanks to Brian the lights got put up on the roof. Kourtney and Macy helped too, they are great helpers. I'm in charge of the inside and this year I had a little interruption called "Baby Gracie." I finally got up everything I need to, but I didn't use everything I had. Believe me, I have enough stuff or should I say "Treasures" to decorate several houses. We have 4 trees up in our house, Kristi's, Our big 10ft one, in the LR, Grandma's, and my special one in my bedroom. I love to collect village pieces and this year I added a few more that are nostalgic to me and Cecil. That's terrible, it shows we're aging!!!! I added a movie theater, 50's style diner, church, and some gingerbread houses. These aren't expensive pieces, they're Walmart and 50% off Kohl's, but that makes them ever better to collect. I've got Kristi hooked also on village pieces, except hers are western. We laughed alot when we went shopping, we tried staying away from this department, but for some reason we always ended up there and usually got in trouble, coming home with more. Last year we entered a neighborhood contest and won 2Nd place for our outdoor decorating, winning a $100 gift card to Target. We have entered again since we changed our decorations this year, so we'll see. We love Christmas and try to make it so special for our family. It's a great time to tell someone you love, just how much you love them. It's a great time for giving and remembering our God! Merry Christmas!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment